The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers are one of the best available wireless networking devices. These routers are one of its kinds in this industry. The Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers need to be configured and set up before they can be used for the networking and the configuration process is almost the same as that of the other brand routers. However, Linksys has come up with some new and innovating technology i.e. Linksys smart Wi-Fi application. The Linksys smart Wi-Fi application is basically software that can provide the access of the router setup window even on the smartphones of the users. The users can access the Linksys smart Wi-Fi router’s setup page easily through the http://linksyssmartwifi.com web link
The Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers need to be connected to the modem and the computer before the configuration can be done. This connection is the most basic thing to be done before any other major operation is done on the router. The router can be connected to the modem and the computer through one of the three methods mentioned below.
- WPS connection
- Wired Ethernet connection
- Wi-Fi connection
WPS mode of connection
The WPS stands for the Wi-Fi protected setup method. The user just needs to push the WPS button given on the router’s back or top panel. Let us provide you with some of the important and basic information about setting up the device connection through WPS. Below are the instructions to be followed.
- Open the router from its packing and assemble all the important components like the Ethernet cords and the power supply adapter.
- Now, wait for few seconds after switching on the power supply of the router.
- Open the internet and network settings section of your PC in the bottom right corner of the window. You will see a complete list of available wireless networks there.
- Now, push the WPS button of the router and wait for a few seconds till the router and computer detect each other’s wireless presence. The WPS button will automatically get your router and computer connected to each other.
Wired Ethernet connection
The wired Ethernet connection or the LAN cable connection is the most trustworthy and reliable method of setting up a strong connection between the router and the computer device.
What you need to do has been completely listed below.
- Connect the modem to the Internet or WAN port of the router and similarly connect your computer system (either a laptop/desktop) to one of the LAN ports of the router.
- Now that a wired connection has been established, switch on the wall socket from where the power supply to the router has been provided.
- Again you will have to wait for a few seconds or a minute to get your router to a stable state. The stable state here refers to the LEDs on its indicator panel to turn solid green or amber.
Now comes the last mode of connecting your router, modem and the computer. This connection method is, however, one of the most widely used connection methods i.e. Wi-Fi connection. Follow the step by step guide mentioned below to set up the Wi-Fi connection.
- Assemble all the important components of the router like power supply adapter and the Ethernet cords etc.
- Switch on the power supply for the router and other necessary devices and wait for few seconds till the Wi-Fi LED on the router indicator turns stable.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi section of your laptop and see the list of available wireless networks. Select the network SSID name of your Linksys router and connect your computer to it.
- Your computer will be connected to the computer without any password requirement because this will definitely be an open network as it has been never used.
- Now, you can go on for the router configuration afterward.
Some key facts about the router connection methods.
All the above-mentioned methods are listed and described only for the purpose of establishing a safe and secure connection between the devices.
The user needs to configure the router separately for the internet purpose. The above-mentioned methods are only the initial steps for hardware setup and configuration can be done afterward separately through linksyssmartwifi.com.
What is linksyssmartwifi.com?
The linksyssmartwifi.com is the customized web domain for the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers through which the Linksys routers can be accessed and configured accordingly. What the users need to do is just access the admin page of the Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers through the web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com and authorizes the user entry into the home page by specifying the username and the password.
The default username and password for most of the Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers is admin and the password can be left blank.
Advantages of linksysmartwifi.com
- This web address linksyssmartwifi.com is quite easy to use.
- This web domain is much easy to use as compared to the default IP address 192.168.1.1 of the router.
- The users often tend to forget the router IP address as it is numerical and end up in entering the wrong IP address for setup. On the other hand, just enter the web domain http://linksysmartwifi.com in the address bar to proceed.
- The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router setup wizard can be accessed remotely on the laptop/desktop computers and even on the smartphones. Just download the Linksys smart Wi-Fi mobile application and enter the login credentials that you have set earlier.
You can view the following list of features on your screen.
- Current network and internet speed
- Number of devices connected
- Media and device prioritization
- Parental controls
- Web filtration